2020 Backyard Bird Count at Our Patch





We completed 3 Backyard Bird Counts at Jarowair Our Patch this week, with a total of 39 birds (including 2 introduced species). Fairly happy with that number for 3 x 20 minute lists and a rainy weather week. 

We also completed 5 other list submissions in other bushland areas in our local region. My favourite sightings in the area were the Chestnut-breasted Mannikins & Plum-headed Finches at Meringandan. We love the this event run by BirdLife Australia. 

I have to say I love looking at the local map lists. I do shake my head at times at some of the odd birds chosen for our area, clearly mistaken for something else, however I guess there is a moderator for the novice birders? So good to see quite a few lists submitted locally! 

J & B Gray




Comments