Koala Sighting - With a Photo!! 03/08/11

I finally had the pleasure of viewing a beautiful healthy Koala resting in an Ironbark Tree here today!  My neighbour spotted it climbing the "rest tree" and let me know, this one is the first one that I have seen here in over a year, wondered if it is possibly the same one that Brendon spotted last week, or another.  This one was very healthy looking however, and had moved on from it's resting spot by the next morning.  No matter how many times I see a Koala in the wild - I never get bored of that sight!  This same day my son had gone on a school excursion to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane, on this trip there were children who had never seen a Koala before and were really delighted to see one, allbeit from a zoo enclosure,  I pointed out to him that we are so very lucky, to see a Koala in the Wild and that this is not so common for most children his age, and how nice it was for us that we didn't have to leave home to see such a beautiful sight.  A healthy Koala is always a blessing.  Enjoy!!  JG

Koala Resting in an Ironbark Tree 03/08/11

Comments