10th April 2011 - Larva

While playing on their fort today, the children called out to me, asking me to come and have a look at the "fury grubs" on the Iron Bark Tree.  After climbing up the fort - they showed me their discovery.  A large group of Larva, of unknown species.  The cluster reminded me instantly of the Paperback Sawfly Lava that we have often seen here, an the way they often cluster together, but this one was different and not the Paperback Sawfly.  Any ideas anyone?  A most spectacular find by the kids.

Comments

  1. those who like this post may like another I posted on our other wildlife blog today, of a Botany Bay Diamond Weevil http://beyondourpatch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Jarowair Our Patch - your feedback is much appreciated. Please Subscribe to us on youtube or follow the #jarowairourpatch tag on Instagram. Kind Regards, Judi & Brendon