Dwyer's Snake sighting after 5 years

23rd March 2019

The rain does amazing things!!  After much drought we received a downpour in March and almost immediately critters starting emerging.  I went for a walk the first night after the rain had stopped and I spotted this beautiful Dwyer's Snake (Parasuta dwyeri).  It has been 5 1/2 years since our last and only sighting of this quiet little native snake (see previous post here)

Dwyer's Snake (Parasuta dwyeri) at Jarowair - March 2019

I was really excited and interestingly, this snake was in the close vicinity of the location that Brendon found the first one over five years ago. It was hard to photograph as I didn't want to annoy it too much (although it was very tolerant of me lying in front of it with the camera) As soon as the torch light was moved from it, it moved away quickly.  It was very calm and mild in nature.

J Gray


View our complete identified Snake Species List at Jarowair Here.

Comments