Dainty Green Tree Frog Mystery 09th July 2011

Well, you may have seen my previous post showing my delight of finding two Dainty Green Tree Frogs in the Norfolk Crows Nest Plant today.  After seeing this, we presumed that both must have arrived in the plant from Bunnings and thought that was how we have ended up with this little frog here on the Darling Downs.

Late this afternoon, Brendon came down to the house from the shed to show me something he had found when cleaning up.  I presumed it was a gecko but alas it was another Dainty Green Tree Frog!!  He found this frog in our "Bin Full of Frogs" (see previous post).  The shed is located a fair distance from the house, and the Norfolk Crows Nest Plant was only purchased at the end of April this year..... so I am guessing that our previous thought of the frogs arriving in the plant is possibly wrong and that we actually have these gorgeous little Tropical Frogs living at Jarowair on the Frosty Darling Downs!!!  Sending off an email tonight to my frog expert advisor at USQ.  Updates to come!


We re-located the shed frog to a plant in the "frog garden", picture below:

Dainty Green Tree Frog #3 09th July 2011

Comments