Micro Bat inside the House 06/05/2011

Micro Bat
Last month I awoke late one night, after sensing that something was flying around in the bedroom.  On waking, I saw a micro bat flying around in circles in our room above the bed, and then it went through the doorway towards the living room.  On getting up, I went out to the living room and when I turned on the light, the bat was flying all around the room.  I was too tired to go to the shed and get the bird net, so closed the doors and went back to bed.  The next day we couldn't find it anywhere in the house, but alas once the sun started to set, and I was outside gardening, shrieks & squealing from my little girl inside the house, confirmed that the bat was alas still inside!!  Once the squealing calmed down, we were able to find where it was, as it went into the lounge room to rest on the ottoman and on my "Readers Digest Book of Australian Birds" Book.  Closing off all the internal doors I opened the external doors and put the outside lights on.  It wasn't long until it was attracted to the light outside and the insects, and flew straight out the front door.  This is the second one that we have had inside the house in the last year and a half.  Possibly they have come inside when the garage door was left open?  Bit of excitement for the day anyway!

Comments